IV ozone therapy is the process by which we administer ozone gas directly into the bloodstream, stimulating the body's immune responses and helping treat diseases, wounds, and many other wellness-related ailments. It's different from the oxygen we breathe, which is O2. Ozone is a gas made up of O3 molecules. It's one of our newest IV therapy offerings, and in this post, we discuss whether it works, how it works, and if it might be right for you.
Does ozone therapy work?
Like all other IV treatments, ozone IV therapy is administered intravenously. The difference with ozone is the blood is infused outside the body before being re-injected. The gas dissolves into the blood, enriching it with oxygen. We offer this treatment outpatient, and patients can resume normal daily activities immediately after treatment is complete.
What kind of recovery is needed?
The effects of ozone can be felt immediately by some, and there is usually no downtime or recovery required.
Benefits of ozone therapy
Ozone therapy is known to help with a variety of medical and wellness conditions:
- Increases oxygen levels in the blood, which reduces stress on the lungs for those who have breathing disorders
- Can reduce overall stress
- Increased energy
- Increased stamina throughout the day
- increased mental acuity
- Enhanced sleep
- Improved memory
- Reduced inflammation
- Antiviral properties can be effective in the treatment of certain viruses.
- It can enhance the efficacy of some cancer treatments and reduce the harmful side effects of cancer treatments in some cases.
- Antioxidants created through ozone therapy can help to promote the death of cancer cells.
How can I know if I am lacking proper O2 levels?
A lack of proper O2 levels can cause symptoms like the following:
- Back pains
The best way to know if a lack of O2 is the cause of issues you're experiencing is to talk to a qualified doctor.
Ozone for the treatment of diseases like Lyme Disease
Some resources suggest ozone can be used to treat Lyme Disease by helping to detox the liver effectively. Other helpful effects of ozone on Lyme disease are:
- The purification of blood cells.
- Deactivation of viruses and bacteria.
- Enhanced circulation.
- Enhanced cell metabolism.
These effects are merely suggested, and no scientific data is yet available on these health effects of ozone IV therapy.
IV Ozone Therapy NJ at DrC 360
We are now offering IV ozone therapy at our Providence, NJ medspa. If you would like to discuss the details further to decide whether this treatment is a good fit for what you're looking for, contact us today in the office to set up an appointment or contact us online.